There are dozens of diet plans on the market, and many promises to magically shed fat off your body in a matter of days—often in bizarre and sometimes dangerous ways.
- The 3-Hour Diet involves eating small portions every three hours throughout the day.
- The theory is that eating constantly will keep your metabolism continually running at a high rate and burning fat.
- Fried chicken, candy bars, bacon, and red meat are allowed.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/3-hour-diet#overview1
- The Atkins Diet emphasizes eating lean protein and low-starch vegetables and avoiding simple carbohydrates such as flour and sugar.
- The diet involves a reduced glycemic load (carb content) to keep blood sugar levels in a healthy range.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/atkins-diet
Cabbage Soup Diet
- The diet promises rapid weight loss—about 10 pounds in a week and is promoted as a “vanity diet”—a quick way to lose a few extra pounds to look good for a special occasion.
- As its name suggests, the Cabbage Soup Diet involves eating a very limited diet primarily made up of cabbage soup for a week in order to achieve quick weight loss.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/cabbage-soup-diet
French Women Don’t Get Fat Diet
- The French Women Don’t Get Fat Diet is based on the creator’s theory that French women don’t diet, count calories, or skip meals.
- Instead of counting calories or cutting out certain foods, this diet promises that you’ll be able to trim down without giving up the decadent things in life.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/french-women-dont-get-fat
- The Grapefruit Diet is a meal plan with a primary focus on consuming grapefruit or grapefruit juice at every meal.
- Some caveats include no extremely hot or cold foods, nothing prepared in aluminum pans, and keeping “protein meals” and “starch meals” at least four hours apart.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/grapefruit-diet
- Macrobiotic diet is based on whole grains, natural or organic (non synthetic) vegetables, tofu, beans, soups, nuts and occasional fish and fruits.
- A blend of Buddhism and Western practices, this diet is more of a life makeover—macrobiotic means “long life”—to achieve both physical and Zen-like mental harmony.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/macrobiotic-diet
Master Cleanse Diet
- The Master Cleanse Diet claims to make the body healthier and energized while removing toxins from the body and promoting weight loss.
- The Master Cleanse Diet is a liquid diet used to detoxify the body and encourage weight loss.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/master-cleanse-diet
Skinny Bitch Diet
- The Skinny Bitch Diet claims to be “a no-nonsense, tough-love guide for savvy girls who want to stop eating crap and start looking fabulous.” The diet requires a full transformation to a vegan diet—banning sugar, meat, dairy, alcohol, and caffeine—and promoting fruits, vegetables, soy, nuts, legumes, and green tea.
Read full article at http://www.healthline.com/health/skinny-bitch-diet
Low Carb Diet
- A low-carb diet limits carbohydrates — such as those found in grains, starchy vegetables and fruit — and emphasizes foods high in protein and fat.
- The Paleo diet is the healthiest way you can eat because it is the ONLY nutritional approach that works with your genetics to help you stay lean, strong and energetic! Research in biology, biochemistry, Ophthalmology, Dermatology and many other disciplines indicate it is our modern diet, full of refined foods, trans fats, and sugar, that is at the root of degenerative diseases such as obesity, cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, depression and infertility.
Read full article at https://robbwolf.com/what-is-the-paleo-diet/